Sunday, March 2, 2008

We're watching Michael closely today...

Michael has a low grade fever today (99.8 degrees). I just spoke to the doctor on call for Dr. Kennedy. He said to keep an eye on him and if his fever goes to 100.5 degrees or higher, to bring him to Syracuse and they would check his ANC counts. If they are still above 500, we could come home and continue to watch him here. If they are below 500, Michael would be admitted. So... let's hope his fever doesn't go any higher.

Michael woke up from a nap a little while ago and had a couple of Popsicles. He doesn't act like there is anything wrong and he isn't showing any symptoms of coming down with anything. He's now playing quietly with his Bob the Builder toys on the living room floor while "Bunnytown" is on the TV. "Bunnytown" is one of his favorite shows. They do a lot of singing and dancing which Michael loves.

Jenny was home this weekend but headed back to New Jersey this morning after we went out to breakfast with Pop Pop (a.k.a. my Dad). Michael and Jenny enjoyed their time together as always. They made a 3-D Easter egg decoration yesterday and played a bunch of games. And this morning, Michael painted a big picture for Jenny to hang in her new classroom. She is a special education teacher in a middle school.

Jenny and her finance, Ralph, are getting married on August 9, 2008 at The Sherwood Inn in Skaneateles (which is down by the Finger Lakes). It is going to be a beautiful wedding. Michael and I are planning a candy buffet for the reception. We are having a lot of fun with it and have been buying jars in all different sizes and shapes. We plan on decorating them with all sorts of ribbons and Michael and I have searched the internet for all types of blue, ivory and brown candy (the wedding colors). Michael doesn't care too much as long as there are plenty of peanut butter cups! And, I have to admit it is nice having something fun to think about to take our mind off of things sometimes.

Yesterday we went through my hope chest to find things I had saved from my first wedding. Jenny took my wedding dress and removed all the lace. She is going to dye it to match her dress (which is champagne colored) and give it to Ralph's grandmother (who is a seamstress) to make a veil for her. And I removed all the pearls from my dress to add to a wedding sampler I am embroidering for her.

Michael had fun looking at some of the old stuff in the hope chest. There were a lot of things that Jenny and Brian had made as kids and some of their favorite toys. And, we found a Fisher Price wind up radio that was mine when I was a little girl and Michael thinks that is the neatest thing. It is 40+ years old and still works. (Probably better than I do some days!)

I will keep everyone posted if there is anything new with Michael. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, JoAnne

No comments: