Thursday, March 6, 2008

Meet the man steering Michael's ship...


The internet is an amazing tool. Tonight I was searching for articles on pediatric brain tumors and children fighting this disease. I came across the website of a mother of a 2 year old fighting kidney cancer. Her son has the same oncologist as Michael, Dr. Korones (pictured right). She had linked to an article Dr. Korones had written in 2003 about his views on the doctor-patient relationship. I will admit, it took me a while to read the whole article through my tears. After I finished reading and dried my eyes, I decided I wanted to share it with all of Michael's readers.

Dr. Korones is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors I have ever had the good fortune to meet. And considering the challenges and responsibilities he faces every day, he is an unwaveringly positive and optimistic man. Click here to read in this amazing man's own words what his patients mean to him. It will give you an insight into this talented doctor better than my words ever could.

No comments: