Sunday, June 29, 2008

It hasn't been a very good weekend...



It's pretty hot today so Michael is laying quietly on the deck, enjoying the breeze and trying to stay cool.

Michael has been pretty sick this weekend from his chemo treatment on Friday. He hasn't kept anything down since Friday (including his Zofran) except a small bowl of fruit last night. I was supposed to go to Binghamton for one of Jenny's bridal showers yesterday but didn't because Michael was so sick. And today we were going to go to an air show with my Dad at the local army base but had to cancel because Michael wasn't up to it.

Michael is sick like he was when he first started treatments. His little body must have gotten used to the chemo medicines over the last 5 months. But with his 6 week hiatus while his counts were down, it must have gotten used to not having chemo. I hope his body adjusts again quickly. When we originally planned his Make-A-Wish trip, he was on his 2 week break and should have been feeling good. Now the trip is right in the middle of one of his 4 week treatments. The same is true of Jenny's wedding. He was supposed to be on break and now has to have chemo the day before the wedding. Keep your fingers crossed that he feels up to enjoying those 2 things this summer. JoAnne

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor baby... I hope his body get use to the meds asap... And he can get on with his little summer plans. Still praying... for all of you... Susie h~

Picket said...

Hello dear friend...I came by to say thank you for visiting my blog and for that sweet comment you left me...I have read about your precious Michael and my heart is heavy for you and your family....It is hard enough for a grown person to deal with such things but to see our children carry such a load is unbearable to our souls...I agree with you in my prayer my friend that God touch and breath on your Michael..every cell and fiber of his little being be healed and made whole...I pray God do a recreative miracle in his little brain and that minute by minute and hour by hour you see healing in that child..according to God's word...I will call his name in prayer..God bless you dear one...when having done all you can 'stand' my friend just stand....God will do the rest..thanks again for coming by and please come back anytime!

Lisa said...

Sending good thoughts to you and your family. Hopefully he will adjust quickly to allow for some summer fun!

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Hello,
I saw your comment on Picket's page and clicked because the pic of your son reminded me of a pic of my son that is on my blog page.

I would like to say that I understand what you are going through as my nephew who lived with me for two years was diagnosed with retinoblastoma. It caused an eye of his to be removed.

He is fine now and I believe miracles happen, so I will be praying for your sweet son, and I too hope he is able to enjoy his summer!!

Raquel

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! My heart aches for your little one, Michael! My crisis with David seems to very minor compared to what you have been through! Thank you for your encouraging words and prayers! And do know that Michael, you, and your family will be in my prayers! I hope that he adjust to the chemo quickly, so that he can enjoy his trip and the wedding! And I pray for ultimate healing! I'll check back in soon, to see just how he is doing!

Hugs & Blessings! Rhonda