Friday, June 13, 2008

There is a silver lining...

I just spoke with one of the nurses from Unit 5C and Michael's counts are not good enough for chemo again this week. His platelet count is back up to 96, so that is great but his ANC (Absolute Neutrophil Counts) were only 412 and have to be at least 1,000. (If you have forgotten my lesson on neutrophils, click here or here.) That means that if Michael gets any sort of fever, we have to call the doctors in Syracuse, they have to check his blood and if it is too low, he would have to be hospitalized. So, keep your fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

On the positive side - Michael can go to Family Fun Day at school today! (I am doing a happy dance for him.) He was actually much better today. In fact when he first woke up, he was cuddled up next to me and just started giggling. I asked him what was so funny and he said "nothing" and just started smiling. It was a great way to start our day! I think he just needed to vent yesterday and get some things off his chest yesterday (don't we all sometimes?).

The nurse said Dr. Kennedy believes that Michael will be good for chemo next week so I will let you know. We are going to have his blood tested Thursday afternoon again next week. Please keep Michael in your thoughts and prayers, JoAnne

2 comments:

Deb said...

Michael, I have on my dancing shoes right along with mom, and I'm so happy you can make the Family Fun Day at school. So have enough fun for me. I need fun. Deb

Anonymous said...

Im doing a happy dance with yall. God does answer prayers. I had one long chat with him about Michael just last night. I find myself wanting to be almost angry at Him sometimes when I see little onse like Michael so hurt. I am then reminded... He knows what we are feeling.. He hurts with us. It's all a part of having faith I guess. I will just trust in his promise that He will lift Michael up.Im so grateful that Michael gets to have his fun day. Thank you Lord! Susie