We took a cake as a small Thank You to the staff of 5C including (but certainly not limited to)....
Michael received an Easter basket from Britney and he got to meet the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny was accompanied by the county Sheriff and one of his deputies and they gave each child in the clinic a book and a stuffed bunny.
And although chemo is over, we will be seeing everyone (except the Sheriff and the Easter Bunny) next week. Starting next Friday, Michael will be going to the clinic once a month for 6 months to receive his IV antibiotic. And of course he will still be having his MRI's every 3 months for a while.
Dr. Kennedy wants to leave Michael's port in for 6 to 12 months to be sure that he doesn't need chemo again. She said 30% of the children that go through the chemo regimen Michael just finished, don't ever have to have chemo again. The other 70% - well, you know. Let's hope that Michael is in the 30% pool. Please keep Michael in your thoughts and prayers, JoAnne.
P.S. I almost forgot to share our GREAT news - I spoke to Dr. Wang's office today and there was no seizure activity during Michael's EEG. Yeah!!! Let's hope that I can convince Dr. Wang to let us try taking Michael off of the Tegretol when we see him next month.