Friday, February 13, 2009

A half-dozen treatments and counting...

Yesterday was Michael's chemo treatment and everything went smoothly again. Dr. Kennedy said Michael's counts were down so she thinks he may be coming down with something. But so far, he has been healthy. We were happy to see one of Michael's regular nurses, Sharyle. Between her vacation, our going on Mondays for a while and the holidays, we hadn't seen her since November.

Michael had a great day today. He feels perfect and enjoyed his Valentine's Day party at school a whole bunch. Now he is giving Chance a physical. He has declared she needs Vitamin C for her bad leg and there is nothing he can do about her bad breath. Chance is just happy for the attention.

Michael has treatment on Thursday again next week and I am considering keeping his treatments on that day. He doesn't seem to be getting sick so Thursday treatments shouldn't interfere with school on Friday. And, Jeff & I met a little boy and his mother at clinic yesterday that I would like Michael to meet (he was busy sleeping). You see, Trevor is the same age as Michael, is on the the same chemo regimen, has an Astrocytoma brain tumor and a port and even has glasses like Michael. Michael has met other kids at treatment but Trevor is the first child Michael's age that has so much in common with Michael. I think it would be good for him to meet and spend some time with a little boy "like him" and Trevor gets treatments on Thursdays.

I will post if there is anything new. In the meantime, please keep Michael in your thoughts and prayers, JoAnne.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on my little friend. He sounds like he is doing great. So glad that he is feeling so well. Im still praying~ Take care and give hime ((hugs)) from us!

Dorothy Morse said...

My name is Dorothy and I am a sister to Patrick Norfolk from the family who gave Michael a Gift Tree at X-mas. I work at Upstate Medical University in the Radiology Department and would love to meet Michael and his family some time when you are down here. I can be reached at my work number 464-7439. I would love to hear from you.